EPISODE 028May 31, 2021
In today’s episode, I’m joined by Quiara Smith, a pediatric OT with a private practice that focuses on pelvic floor dysfunctions and toileting challenges. Based out of both California and Hawaii, her pediatric experience encompasses infants, toddlers, children, and adolescents. With a holistic and integrative approach to care, Quiara guides children to achieving continence with confidence.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- How Quiara discovered this unique area of specialty
- Her main referral sources for her private practice
- The average client lifecycle for the children and families on her caseload
- Common comorbidities among kiddos struggling with pelvic floor dysfunction, including sensory processing
- The correlation between selective eaters and pelvic floor dysfunction
- A coaching model for working with parents
- Her journey as an online course creator where she’s supporting other OTs to become more competent in this role-emerging area of practice
- Quiara's five-year vision for her practice and her online course
- How Quiara incorporates humor, mindfulness and therapeutic connection in her sessions
Join Quiara's FREE Facebook Group for healthcare professionals who are looking to learn more about pediatric pelvic health.
Her online course will be opening again later this year, you may join the waitlist on this link.
Are You a Fan of the Show?
Join our OTGR community newsletter and we'll send our podcast links + bonus resources directly to your inbox!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.