EPISODE 022May 10, 2021
During our interview, Jess shares about the hardships she's encountered over the years and how this has led to more opportunities in both personal growth and professional development. She's a great testament to how one can turn struggles into successes!
In this episode you'll hear about:
- The unique challenges of working in the online space when based in South Africa
- How Jess's struggles in balancing work/life/home responsibilities served as inspiration in creating her online program "Mastermind Your Motherhood"
- Jess's battle in overcoming imposter syndrome
- The therapeutic benefits of journaling
- Why OTs who are working as coaches can still benefit from having coaches
- Jess's eventful experience moving from South Africa back to Scotland during the pandemic
- The work that Jess does in terms of addictions, recovery and trauma-informed care
- An OT perspective on EMDR (and why more therapists should be trained in this modality)
- Tools and techniques to manage being triggered by our clients' stories of trauma
- The importance of having childhood in how it relates to resilience later in life
You can connect with Jess on Facebook and Instagram, or through her website: www.jessicahill.org
If this episode inspired you in some way or if you resonated with anything we said, we'd love to know! And we'd love to share it with our community! Simply take a screenshot of you listening on your device and post it to your Instagram Stories, and tag us @otsgonerogue.
We would also love your support in the form of a review, go to Apple Podcasts and let us know what you think!
Are You a Fan of the Show?
Join our OTGR community newsletter and we'll send our podcast links + bonus resources directly to your inbox!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.